Re: [NTLK] Flash cards and errors -10551/-10607

From: Francois Baligant (newtontalk_at_nikita.cx)
Date: Fri Oct 25 2002 - 18:04:47 EDT

        This sounds a bit like urban folklore to me :-)

        I have been working with Cisco routers on a day-to-day basis
        for the last 4 years and I can tell you the flash card is
        solely written when you upgrade the operating system image
        in there.

        Even, these files are only loaded at boot time. After, you
        can even remove the flash card from the router, it will work
        fine since no further access is needed.

        Of course this provide no explanation for my problem.

        I got 3 cards with the problem so far, 2 Smart Modular
        Technologies and 1 Sharp. I formated all of them in the
        Cisco router and no errors was detected.

        I must be missing something there. Maybe the write power
        of the newton is too weak for that kind of cards. I will
        have to find and check the specs more closely.

        In short, Im puzzled :-)
        Francois