Re: [NTLK] Flash cards and errors -10551/-10607

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 18:00:04 EDT

On 24/10/02 17:30, "Francois Baligant" <newtontalk_at_nikita.cx> wrote:

> I found today 2 Flash cards previously used in Cisco equipment.
>
> They are "Smart Modular Technologies Fast Flash Card 4 Mb",
> part number SM9FA2043IP280.
>
> When I insert them in a MP2K, I get a different errors for each one
> when I confirm I want to erase them.
>
> Error -10551
> Error -10607
>
> Does this mean the card are not compatible with this Newton ?

I'm not sure but I think that -10551 kinda means that there are possibly bad
sectors on the card, so the Newton won't be able to use it. You might try in
a laptop, though.

-Laurent.

flat adj.: 1. [common] Lacking any complex internal structure. "That bitty
box has only a flat filesystem, not a hierarchical one." The verb form is
flatten. 2. Said of a memory architecture (like that of the VAX or 680x0)
that is one big linear address space (typically with each possible value of
a processor register corresponding to a unique core address), as opposed to
a `segmented' architecture (like that of the 80x86) in which addresses are
composed from a base-register/offset pair (segmented designs are generally
considered cretinous).