Re: [NTLK] nSync Public Preview 1 Available

From: Dion Crannitch (dion.lists_at_adi.co.nz)
Date: Mon Oct 21 2002 - 18:45:09 EDT

> Just noticed that you're using a MP120. What OS is it running? I
> haven't tested with 2.0 (can't; don't have a newton with that OS) but I
> know for sure that it doesn't work with 1.x.

 I thought that might be the case. I'm running OS 2.0.

Have tried again today with the third alpha build. Things were a lot more
interesting when I read about setting the last synch date back so now my
Newton doesn't return zero to the RECORDCOUNT request but the subsequent
NEXTRECORD request fails as you can see from the log below and my Newton
reboots.

I should add that my Newton and my AddressBook were basically in synch a
month ago when I exported my Newton names as text and read them into
AddressBook as vCards using a Newton->vCard script somebody wrote. Since
then I have made a few changes and additions to the AddressBook on the Mac
side. I haven't tried clearing all the names from my Newton and doing a
fresh update from the Mac side nor have I tried reducing my set of names to
just one or two to try and figure out if the problem is something to do with
the content in my name records.

Dion Crannitch dion_at_adi.co.nz
ADInstruments Limited http://www.adinstruments.com

nSync Log:

Computer: ACK?
þÿComputer: ACK?
þÿComputer: ACK?
þÿComputer: ACK?
þÿNewton: ACK
þÿComputer: VERSION!
þÿNewton: Version 1.0d1
þÿComputer: SETSOUP!
þÿNewton: SOUPNAME
þÿComputer: Names
þÿNewton: SOUPNAMESET
þÿComputer: EXECUTESCRIPT!
þÿNewton: SCRIPT
þÿComputer: ConnectButton.currentQuerySpec := { validTest:func(entry)
(ClassOf(entry) = 'person) and (EntryModTime(entry) > TotalMinutes({
year:2000,month:10,date:21,hour:12,minute:00,second:00, })) }
þÿNewton:
þÿComputer: RECORDCOUNT!
þÿNewton: 32
þÿComputer: NEXTRECORD!