[NTLK] nSync Public Preview 1 Available

From: John Anderson (dearjohn_at_everchanging.com)
Date: Sun Oct 20 2002 - 20:58:13 EDT

It's here!

It's looking pretty good, although as promised (warned?), the only
protocol that works right now is Serial. TCP/IP is my next priority,
although I'm taking a break from Newton development for a few days for
my own sanity's sake. So you can try syncing via TCP/IP if you'd like,
but I can pretty much guarantee that it won't work. :-)

And since this is pretty much alpha software, maybe beta, be sure to
back up both your Newton data and your AddressBook data (located in
~/Library/Application Support/Address Book) before attempting to use it.

The everchanging Newton site at http://www.everchanging.com/newton/
contains a link to download the software as well as a developer page
with a description of the API and the source code for the plug-ins,
which is BSD-licensed open source.

I also changed my Kagi store to handle nSync payments for any of you
that are anxious to offer your support (that isn't meant to be a hint;
there have actually been users who want to pay now). The price is $34.
Most of you voted that you would pay $40 and I thought I would undercut
that a bit. Once I sell at least 300 copies, nSync will be released
into the public domain as free, open-source BSD-licensed software.

The everchanging store at Kagi is located at http://order.kagi.com/?26

If you run across any problems, please send me a copy of your log file
(located at ~/Library/Logs/nSync.txt). Good luck!

John Anderson