Re: [NTLK] Compact Flash - terms

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Sun Oct 20 2002 - 00:56:18 EDT

on 10/20/02 12:24 AM, Charles Isaac at chasisaac_at_highstream.net wrote:
> Compact Flash Cards - Camera type
> Can I go to Radio Shack and buy a CF adaptor and use the same module
> that goes in the camera?
    Some adapter/card combinations will work. Some will not.
> Is this possiable without a driver
    No, you must be using Paul's ATA driver.

> I have a smart media PCMICA for my Powerbook so I can quickly transfer
> pictures when I am on the road. Can I use this?
    No, SmartMedia doesn't work with the ATA driver.

> CISCO Flash Cards
> What about these that are brand new and on ebay.
    If they are linear flash of the correct voltage for your Newton, they
should work.

> Linear Flash -
> This is what the newton used orgiinally used if I am right.
    Yes. You just have to have the right read/write voltage for the Newton
model you own.

> SRAM
> These were the expensive and small sized (MB) PCMCIA cards.
    Yes.

Peter