[NTLK] Compact Flash - terms

From: Charles Isaac (chasisaac_at_highstream.net)
Date: Sun Oct 20 2002 - 00:24:43 EDT

I am not really confused. I have gone over the archives and I know
there are lots of terms floating around that are similar......

What is useable and what is not.

Compact Flash Cards - Camera type
Can I go to Radio Shack and buy a CF adaptor and use the same module
that goes in the camera?
Is this possiable without a driver

SMART MEDIA
I have a smart media PCMICA for my Powerbook so I can quickly transfer
pictures when I am on the road. Can I use this?

ATA cards
Now I know that I cannot use the ATA flash cards without the driver
that someone is writing. Which I may just pop the cost for based on the
cost of Linear flash.

CISCO Flash Cards
What about these that are brand new and on ebay.

Linear Flash -
This is what the newton used orgiinally used if I am right.

SRAM
These were the expensive and small sized (MB) PCMCIA cards.

Thank you for the help
Charles