Re: [NTLK] poutine

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Mon Oct 14 2002 - 11:00:40 EDT

On 14/10/02 10:25, "David Dunavant" <icecrusher_at_msn.com> wrote:

> Ok, I'm sorry but I'm lost. What is poutine?

You can get some information here:
<http://www.tx7.com/fries/docs/poutine.html>, although some external links
on the page are dead. They have a nice experiment, #2, which shows you
roughly how to prepare poutine.

There is also another recipe here:
<http://www.thumper.net/tlkmag/archive/fun/poutine/>

This site <http://www.cs.umanitoba.ca/~gedetil/poutine.shtml> has even a
sound recording on how to say it, although it's a french pronunciation.

There's even a site named, you guessed it, Poutine Talk!!!! That's at
<http://www.avivalasvegas.com/Pages/poutinetalk6.htm>

-Laurent.

GIGO /gi:'goh/ [acronym]: 1. `Garbage In, Garbage Out' -- usually said in
response to lusers who complain that a program didn't "do the right thing"
when given imperfect input or otherwise mistreated in some way. Also
commonly used to describe failures in human decision making due to faulty,
incomplete, or imprecise data. 2. `Garbage In, Gospel Out': this more recent
expansion is a sardonic comment on the tendency human beings have to put
excessive trust in `computerized' data.