Re: [NTLK] Dowloading packages from the web

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Sun Oct 13 2002 - 08:19:55 EDT

on 10/12/02 6:49 PM, Norman Palardy at palardyn_at_shaw.ca wrote:

> I've done this as well and it seems they need to have the right type &
> creator code on the Mac before NCU will see them for download to the
> Newton

I went either into the Internet Control Panel, or in IE, and set up a new
handler for Newton packages. Actually, I simply changed the type/creator for
the .pkg extension. If you do that, your packages come down right, and show
up right in the finder, without having to go through all this mess all the
time. It's a much simpler process than you might think it would be. I'm no
internet guru. :-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland