Re: [NTLK] Dowloading packages from the web

From: Norman Palardy (palardyn_at_shaw.ca)
Date: Sat Oct 12 2002 - 12:49:17 EDT

I've done this as well and it seems they need to have the right type &
creator code on the Mac before NCU will see them for download to the
Newton

They need to have type/creator code pkg / pkgX
(that's pkg space for the type code)

A simple Applescript can fix this for you

set theFile to choose file with prompt "Change which file into a Newton
Package ?"

tell application "Finder"
        set the file type of theFile to "pkg "
        set the creator type of theFile to "pkgX"
end tell