Re: [NTLK] I vant AvantGo!

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Oct 11 2002 - 00:56:24 EDT

More than likely not...you have to understand why
Avant-go works to understand why it won't happen on
the Newt.
Avant-go is similar to Web-TV. There are servers that
take your web page request and reworks it to get it to
fit the device you are viewing the page on. So, when
you browse a site with AvantoGo, the Avantgo server
reads the page you request,
re-configs/reworks/remangles the page and spits it out
into something that the Palm can understand...So,
since the Newt was never a member of this Avantgo
system, there is no configuration in the avantgo
server to re-map pages to the Newton screen/OS. So, it
won't happen...
Ed (Happy October Fest!)
web/gadget guru
come and see my Newt on the web (well, mostly) at:
http://65.84.243.167

--- Philip Halsey <phalsey_at_provide.net> wrote:

> Is there any way to get this software on a Newt?
> Forgive me if this topic has been addressed before.
>
> Go Green.
>
> Phil Halsey
> Ida. MI

=====
"Bush, himself the most intellectually backward American president of my political lifetime, is surrounded by advisers whose bellicosity is exceeded only by their political, military and diplomatic illiteracy,"
 - Gerald Kaufman, a lawmaker from the governing British Labor Party