Re: [NTLK] Java Sync?

From: andrew_at_misf67.cern.ch
Date: Wed Oct 09 2002 - 11:31:41 EDT

On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, John Anderson wrote:

> Thought about it but the act of synchronizing itself, along with the
> applications that you would be synchronizing to, would be different on
> any platform anyway. And Cocoa apps have the capability of having a lot
> of unique UI features. In addition, the development time required to
> build a Java app is far more significant than a Cocoa app unless you
> use the Mac OS X Cocoa-java toolkit, in which case you end up with an
> app that only runs on Mac OS X anyway.

Hi John,

while I can understand that you might not want to code in Java (or for any
other plattform) would you publish the API/specs on how to talk to the
Newton part of your syncuing app? This would allow other to perhaps write
such tool for other platforms, which similarly would like to sync with
the Newton.

Andrew

Andrew Maier
Andrew.Maier_at_cern.ch