Re: [NTLK] Power adaptors....radio shack?

From: Jesse Rosen (jester_at_macconnect.com)
Date: Mon Oct 07 2002 - 20:57:21 EDT

On Sunday, October 6, 2002, at 12:52 PM, Peter Cameron wrote:

> The Newton power supply is very precisely voltage regulated. Many
> third
> party adapters are not and will supply more voltage that is specified.
> 7.5V
> (and 1.5A) is the maximum the Newton circuitry should be given. It
> will take
> more, but by the time the temperature cutoff in the battery pack hits
> the
> 50-55 C breaker point your Newton could be quite fried. I believe this
> has
> happened to some people on the list (I'm sure "puff of smoke" has come
> up
> more than once).

Actually I'm more concerned with availability than with price. Does
anyone know of a source for original power adaptors?

I wouldn't use a Radio Shack one -- I work for a company that does some
electronic manufacturing and I know where to get very high quality
power adapters with good voltage regulators. Still, I'd rather use an
original one, so if any one has any leads please let me know!

Thanks,

--Jesse