[NTLK] Folders. Folders?

From: Doug Parker (dougparker_at_progressdata.com)
Date: Mon Oct 07 2002 - 14:38:37 EDT

ACTFAQ, is there a FAQ on folders somewhere? :-Z

I can't seem to find a way to create new folders in the extras drawer to
organize things. It seems as though some of the applications see some
folders which others can't, and it doesn't make any sense to me.

I created a test spreadsheet in NewtWorks, filed it in my personal folder,
closed NewtWorks, opened Notepad and couldn't find it anywhere in my
personal folder. That makes sense, since Notepad isn't going to know what to
do with it anyway. Then I went back into NewtWorks and the spreadsheet was
there, but I never did a File--Open to open it, it was just *there*. I must
be using an incorrect model for the way the data is being stored.

I'd like a list view in the Extras drawer, instead of the icon view, which
would take up less real estate too. Am I dreaming?

Is there any way to make the icon bar tiny--get rid of the icons, leave the
text, etc.? I thought there was something for this, but I can't find it now.

Doug
Orlando FL