Re: [NTLK] speak text volume

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 02 2002 - 10:49:26 EDT

go here:
http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/mac/Sound/Sound-200.html
and scroll down to the section titled "Volume"
You can adjust the speech volume by entering a command
at the beginning of the text.
Ed (Happy October Fest!)
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- "J. Eagan Rackley" <jrackley_at_electronicbingo.com>
wrote:

> I'm pretty sure that you can't change the volume for
> the voice. It's the
> one thing that has frustrated me about the macintalk
> tools.
>
> If I have the time to actually sit somewhere quiet
> and listen to it, I
> have the time to just read it myself. The only time
> I want to use it
> (when I'm cleaning, or some other task), I can't
> hear it :P.
>
> Oh well, I guess I'll just have to read to myself
> :). It's still cool to
> show to people:)
>
> -Eagan
>

> ZUMWALT, DANNY P (SWBT) wrote:
>
> >I want to know if it is normal that when I change
> the volume in my extras
> >folder, then have the newton speak text, the volume
> doesn't change for the
> >voice... even if the main volume is all the way
> down.
> >
> >Is this normal? or should I be able tochange the
> voice volume as well?
> >
> >dz

=====
"Bush, himself the most intellectually backward American president of my political lifetime, is surrounded by advisers whose bellicosity is exceeded only by their political, military and diplomatic illiteracy,"
 - Gerald Kaufman, a lawmaker from the governing British Labor Party