Re: [NTLK] Newton compatable cellphones

From: Simon Roberts (srob_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Oct 02 2002 - 03:46:39 EDT

On Wednesday, October 2, 2002, at 08:05 am, Nathanial Freitas wrote:

> I am working on getting a Sony-Ericsson t68i running with my MP2100. It
> should work through irda, as its just AT commands. The t68i supports
> GPRS
> through T-Mobile. If I can get this working it means I can have both
> 802.11b/wifi and GPRS working with my Newton, which would be excellent.
>
> I will let you know my results.

Unfortunately this won't work with IrDA. The MP2K family does not
support the necessary IrCOMM protocol. Should be fine with a cable,
though. One possibility would be to buy a low-cost data cable, cut the
DB9 end off and replace it with a mini-DIN. Alternatively, there are
companies selling suitable DB9 to mini-DIN adapters.

regards,

Simon