Re: [NTLK] D-Link DWL-650 doesn't work

From: David C. Myers (myers_at_aedifice.net)
Date: Tue Oct 01 2002 - 14:54:00 EDT

> You're maybe missing a package, or you didn't install the whole Newton
> Internet Enabler packages and the needed drivers all on the same store.

As luck would have it, they actually are all on the same store. Is this
absolutely necessary, or sort of urban folklore?

> You
> may not have created a worksite specifically for using wireless.

No, I did that. In fact, I have several worksites dedicated to the
various kinds of wireless APs I encounter. My 'home' worksite puts the
card in ad-hoc mode. My 'office' worksite puts the card in infrastructure
mode with disabled WEP and enabled DHCP.

Note that I browse and email all the time from this Newton, using
the wireless card (in ad-hoc mode at home) and using a 3Com 10BaseT card I
also have.

I just can't get it to work in infrastructure mode.

-David.