Re: [NTLK] D-Link DWL-650 doesn't work

From: David C. Myers (myers_at_aedifice.net)
Date: Tue Oct 01 2002 - 13:36:41 EDT

Following up my own message...

I serendipitously found a coworker with a genuine Lucent WaveLAN card. I
tried this in my Newton, using our office's 802.11b access point. And you
know what? It didn't work either.

Both cards are known good. My DWL-650 does work fine at home in ad-hoc
mode.

Judging from this newsgroup, I assume some people have gotten these cards
to work. What did you do?

The symptom I get (again, going against an access point in infrastructure
mode) is that the "loading drivers" slip appears, gets about 2/3 of the
way through, and just freezes, until it times out. The card never shows a
steady link, even though I'm ten feet from the base station with a clear
line of sight.

The SSID is correct. WEP is deactivated.

Any ideas?

-David.