[NTLK] intro / bluetooth

From: Johnny Haeusler (jhaeusler_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri May 31 2002 - 04:28:09 EDT

hi all,

I am new. been reading a lot but not yet posting.

short intro:

german newton user from day one (OMP, 120, 130) but stopped before the 2000
came out. got into trouble with apple germany after posting a review to the
newsgroups of a "secret" presentation I got at some fair of the then only
announced os 2.0. it blew me away, what could I do? I had to tell everyone!
apple didn't like that, though.

that was not the reason why I stopped using the newton. :)

after having tried almost every small computer device since then (last one:
sony clie 625c), I dreamed about the old newton feel about three months ago.
I woke up, ordered a 2100 via ebay.com (gementerprises, all went well btw
even though the handling of payment sucked a bit) and here I am, a happy
newtoneer again.

any more questions, drop me a mail. :)

so here's my proper posting: I want to use the newton to check mail when I
am not in the office, so I am looking for a good gsm/mobile solution. the
nokia cardphone works, I hear, but sucks a lot of power. up to know, I
couldn't find any info on bluetooth though. with the now available small usb
bluetooth thingies, does anyone know if anyone could write a driver?

scenario: pcmcia card with usb and a bluetooth usb dongle (or a pcmcia
blutooth card for that matter) -> connection to a bluetooth phone.

possible?

thanks for a great, inspiring, usefull, informative and amusing list! :)
johnny haeusler