Re: [NTLK] 'real' speed comparison of note taking on MP130, MP2x00

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed May 29 2002 - 14:51:05 EDT

on 5/29/02 7:39 PM, Donald Winiecki at DWINIECKI_at_boisestate.edu wrote:

> How fast is the MP130 when compared to an MP2000 for note taking (converting
> cursive writing to text)? If I purchased a used MP130 would I be satisfied
> with the speed of cursive to text conversion? Also, how is the MP130's speed
> when typing through a Newton keyboard?

I don't use cursive, but I think the 2100 is sufficiently faster to make it
worth the extra size. Beyond that, the extra screen real estate also allows
you to write more and more comfortably. I much prefer writing on my 2100 vs.
my 130. The overall system speed is also a big bonus. I borrow my 130 now on
occasion, and the overall slowness is quite frustrating. :-) As for the
keyboard, if you are a fairly quick touch typist, you will find the the
keyboard to be unable to keep up with your typing, and your mistakes will
increase in all likelihood. Go for the 2100. That's my advice.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland