Re: [NTLK] NewtWorks HWR

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu May 23 2002 - 10:05:57 EDT

On 23/05/02 09:52, "Prabhakar Ragde" <plragde_at_plg2.math.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:

>> Just started using NewtWorks for a serious document (a business plan) but
>> found that the HWR behaves differently from how it behaves in Notes.
>> Holding down the stylus on a word seems to select the whole thing, double
>> tapping a word doesn't seem to provide the "try letters" choice... is this
>> supposed to be?
>
> I always found the HWR in Works too limited. I use the keyboard in
> Works, and if I need to add text by hand, I write it in Notes, cut,
> switch to Works, then paste. Awkward, but functional. --PR

You could use the free tools from Standalone 'HWRWorks'. Works fine for
me...

-Laurent.

Evil Empire n.: [from Ronald Reagan's famous characterization of the
communist Soviet Union] Formerly IBM,now Microsoft. Functionally, the
company most hackers love to hate at any given time. Hackers like to see
themselves as romantic rebels against the Evil Empire, and frequently adopt
this role to the point of ascribing rather more power and malice to the
Empire than it actually has. See also Borg and search for Evil Empire pages
on the Web.