Re: [NTLK] Calling eMate hardware experts

From: Joel M. Sciamma (joelsciamma_at_compuserve.com)
Date: Mon May 20 2002 - 05:39:21 EDT

Anton,

> I decided to keep my dead eMate (see "eMate does not power up" thread) and
> disassembled the unit completely. Moterboard seems clean, nothing burned or
> damaged. Display cable is also intact. Cosmetically everithing looks great,
> but it still does not power up :-) I still want to try to fix the unit and
> have a few questions which might help me with fixing:

I think you need to start by tracing the voltage from the DC connector into
the motherboard. Most of the power management circuitry is around that area
too.

Measure the voltage at the various electrolytic capacitors and see what you
get.

Test the dual colour LED for the power monitor to see it is actually working
by checking the forward voltage of the two diodes.

Do let us know what you find.

Joel.