Re: [NTLK] eMate does not power up

From: Anton Balaban (balaban_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed May 15 2002 - 04:37:24 EDT

Robert Benschop wrote about "Re: [NTLK] eMate does not power up".
[15/05/2002 11:50]

> Doesn't sound too good, with 'initiating the hard reset' I suppose you
> mean
> that you held the power key, pressed the reset button and held it so that
> the 'do you want to erase all data' message should come up.

Yes, exactly this.

> If it didn't it seems you're sunk (every eMate or Newton that I ever had
> revive would eventually react to this jumpstart) unless the power adapter
> isn't giving the right voltage.

I measured both my adaptors and they seem OK. Once I managed to put my
uMP2000 in the same state (no reaction to "hard reset") but it was cured
after several hours without power. I pulled the battery out of eMate and
left it without power overnight, but that didn't help. Maybe I should try
to leave it without battery and AC power for 24h or more?

> Van you tell me what the steal price was ? I still have some brand new
> eMates left that I will put on sale soon...

50$. Only a handful of eMates were sold here in Russia, this one is the
first I see for sale for over a year. And it's in excellent condition,
hardly ever used, no scrutches on the body and screen, but the *(dirty
Russian curse)* thing doesn't turn on (more dirty Russian curses:-).

Thanks for your help.

Anton Balaban