Re: [NTLK] eMate does not power up

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed May 15 2002 - 03:50:47 EDT

on 14-05-2002 3:00, Anton Balaban at balaban_at_mac.com wrote:

> Today I got an eMate, but it does not turn on. I tried power
> button, reset button, initiating the hard reset but nothing happens.
> I really do not want to return eMate to the seller, because I got it for a
> steal price, and I doubt that I'll be able to find other eMate for sale here
> in Russia (for any price) any time soon.

Doesn't sound too good, with 'initiating the hard reset' I suppose you mean
that you held the power key, pressed the reset button and held it so that
the 'do you want to erase all data' message should come up.

If it didn't it seems you're sunk (every eMate or Newton that I ever had to
revive would eventually react to this jumpstart) unless the power adapter
isn't giving the right voltage.

Van you tell me what the steal price was ? I still have some brand new
eMates left that I will put on sale soon...

Robert Benschop