Re: [NTLK] Thinking of Switching

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Sun May 12 2002 - 10:53:50 EDT

on 5/12/02 2:28 AM, Ermin Mistica at angel316_at_earthlink.net wrote:

> What shall I do?

    Well, the first thing is to do what's right for you _ what you feel
comfortable and happy with.

    My reasons for using Newts:
    I use my MP2100 and eMate as standalone machines for the most part. The
MP2100 is my main machine and has all my names, important notes, schedule,
chequebook etc. The eMate is used mainly for writing.
    I back up the 2100 to a 4MB card every day or so. The names and schedule
have been backed up to a Claris Organizer file on my laptop. Important notes
are also exported to the laptop or desktop. The loss of anything else would
be annoying, but not unrecoverable. I've got a backup uMP2100 on order so
that in the case of total failure I could have everything back (up to time
of last backup) in a matter of minutes.
    Most of what is done on the eMate is printed from the eMate. If I really
need to keep something I export it using Classroom Exchange.
    I've looked and Palms, and much less seriously at Pocket PCs. Palms just
don't compare to Newts. The Newt has a nice large screen and can be modified
to think pretty much the way I do (do not attempt thinking this way yourself
_ madness might follow). And Pocket PCs are out for me because they don't
sync with Macs _ at least not easily.
    Also, for the price of a low end Palm I got one backup MP2100. For the
price of a low end Pocket PC I could get 5 or 6 Newtons.
    Also, Newtons do not lose your info if the battery dies or fails. They
(except for the eMate and OMP/100) also can run on AA cells ... available
just about anywhere on the planet that there's a store.

Peter