[NTLK] Re - thermistor

From: Frank Gruendel (Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de)
Date: Tue May 07 2002 - 18:47:19 EDT

> A) The connection between 2) Minus and 3) Thermistor is essential. I it is
> not there the Newton doesn't recognize the accu as accu.

Correct.

> B) Shorting the thermistor terminals makes the Newton thinking its accu
has
> 64 deg C and stop charging. I use this in the latest generation of the
> battery tray modification to tell the Newton if alkalines are inserted in
> the tray (see http://slsbd.psi.ch/~mmailand/Npages/Naccu/Naccu.html
> including schematics of the accu)

You wouldn't be able to tell the Newton that alkalines are installed by
shorting this connection. It will stop charging, but it will still think
there's
an Apple battery pack installed. To make it think alkalines are installed,
this connection needs to be absent (what is the mathematical term for
"without end"?).

Frank

Newton hardware and software at http://www.pda-soft.de