Re: [NTLK] NIE & the serial option

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Tue May 07 2002 - 01:43:02 EDT

on 06/05/02 22:46, AOMel101_at_aol.com at AOMel101_at_aol.com wrote:

> Hey all as I patiently wait for my ethernet card to be shipped, I wonder how
> to connect to the Internet via the serial option in NIE 2.0? Is that for a
> connection like DSL from a server, or is that for a modem serial connection?
> If I can use my PC thats already connected to the internet, and connect via
> serial from the newt that be great. Any ideas?

I remember there was a way to do that with a Macintosh, but I've never heard
you could do it on a PC.

-Laurent.

Blue Screen of Death n.: [common] This term is closely related to the older Black Screen of Death but much more common (many non-hackers have picked it up). Due to the extreme fragility and bugginess of Microsoft Windows, misbehaving applications can readily crash the OS (and the OS sometimes crashes itself spontaneously). The Blue Screen of Death, sometimes decorated with hex error codes, is what you get when this happens. (Commonly abbreviated BSOD.)