Re: [NTLK] installing without serial?

From: Scott C. Gregory (scgregory_at_bigpond.com)
Date: Sun May 05 2002 - 12:07:06 EDT

Peter Cameron wrote:

> Assuming you meant "blank". You pretty much have two choices. Beam
> packages from another Newt. Install packages on a card in another Newt and
> move the card to your Newt.

Beaming packages won't work if the package is an autopart, copy
protected.
The trouble is I have, until my adapter arrives for my 2100, I have to
beam packages from my 130. Anything that won't install on a non-2x00
newt can't be beamed either because it is deleted by the 130 because it
is the wrong OS.

If anyone has a way round this or some way of encapsulating (like
zipping/sitting)
package with out it being installed on the 130 first, I would love to
hear from them!

Cheers

Scott