Re: [NTLK] Sync Apps

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri May 03 2002 - 12:27:11 EDT

Brad,

I've been programming in Objective-C since 1992. The problem here is that
I'm writing all apps for OS X in Objective-C, using the old good frameworks
that Apple provides. Porting an app from Objective-C to OS 9 means a total
rewrite, since you have to write the app in C++ using a completely different
set of frameworks/libraries. Writing the app in Carbon means writing it in
C++ using a different set of APIs and giving up a lot of Cocoa
functionalities. This is something I wouldn't do...

-Laurent.

Fortrash /for'trash/ n.: Hackerism for the FORTRAN (FORmula TRANslator)
language, referring to its primitive design, gross and irregular syntax,
limited control constructs, and slippery, exception-filled semantics.