Re: [NTLK] eMac, eMate, are we getting somewhere?

From: Chet Johns (cjohns_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 18:39:10 EDT

East Carolina University in Greenville NC. My alma mater too, although I'll
be paying out of state tuition as we currently live in Virginia. It's a
state school but very proud of the fact they were the first university
campus in NC to be completely wired for internet access. I think students
can register for classes and find out their grades from their dorm rooms. A
lot different from when I was there, having to stand in lines for hours just
to find out the class you wanted just filled up. Of course my daughter has
already heard all of those walking 10 miles barefoot in snow to go to school
etc stories. She stopped believing me when she was old enough to realize it
almost never snows in eastern NC. When I was there, I think computers were
anything but personal and did little more than a pocket calculator does now.
Can you say punchcards?
-Chet