Re: [NTLK] Mac OS X, IrDA, frustration

From: Chet Johns (cjohns_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 10:28:32 EDT

I think I'm correct in saying IrDA has not been implemented in OS X yet. As
only the original iMac and the older powerbooks have IrDA, I doubt it's high
on the list of Mac OS X additions and improvements. I understand the next
upgrade of OS X will focus on increased speed and stability. No word on
adding new bells and whistles. I'm still waiting for good scanner support.
I've been happy with my KeySpan converter and NewTen. Sure it's not as fast
as ethernet, but seems convenient and fast enough. Of course there's no
option to synch. What's the chance some day of a Bluetooth option if
bluetooth is available as a PCMCIA device as well as USB? Just a thought.
-Chet

on 5/1/02 5:32 AM, Michael 'Mickey' Sattler at michael_at_NOSPAM.GeekTimes.com