Re: [NTLK] NCU Port?

From: Simon Roberts (srob_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Mar 26 2002 - 17:41:12 EST

on 26.03.2002 23:06, David Abramowitz at underdog_at_erols.com wrote:

> Interesting. I tried telling the firewall to route all 49252 traffic to my
> PowerBook, where NCU is running, but still no dice. Damn.

Ummm. I think that I am right in saying that NCU over Ethernet is going to
be using AppleTalk and not TCP/IP. Now, I don't know enough about AppleTalk
(actually I know nothing about AppleTalk!) to know whether it has something
equivalent to TCP/IP ports. However, it is likely that your firewall's idea
of what a port is is very much something that is specific to IP.

Are your PowerBook and Newton the same side of the firewall? If not, why
not? If they are on the same side of the firewall, are they on different
subnets? If so, then you might have a router problem. You will need to get
your router to route the AppleTalk protocol. Some do not do this by default.

Simon

--
Simon Roberts
Berlin, Germany