[NTLK] The "Right" Newton

From: Jeff Abbott (jabbott_at_ninewire.net)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 21:48:09 EST

I haven't yet purchased a Newton, but have been very impressed with the
knowledge on this group. I'm a writer and am thinking of getting a
Newton for the following daily chores:

--calendar
--contacts
--to do lists
--note taking (probably the heaviest use)/brainstorming
--connecting to both a PC and a Mac

My question, which I couldn't find addressed on the FAQ, is whether I
can get by at that usage level with an MP 130 or if I should go the
2000/2100 route. I realize a decision like this is very personal, but
there's still a good price gap between the models.

If I'm not checking email, surfing the web, etc. do I need the power of
the 2100? Are MP 130 accessories/parts far scarcer than those for
2100s? Opinions appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff Abbott