Re: [NTLK] URGENT!!!! All Read This Is Freaky!!!!

From: Gerstein, Sam (Sam.Gerstein_at_StreamServe.com)
Date: Wed Mar 20 2002 - 10:56:22 EST

Wow.. bizarre. I don't know what has happened, but I'm sure it's not what
you think; the "built-in" apps _are_ actually built in. As you say, they're
soldered to the board (in ROM). So whatever state your Newton's gotten
itself into, it's not permanent. I'd first try preventing any packages on
the internal store from loading (hold the pen on the screen a third of the
way up- see the FAQ for more detail), and if that doesn't work, do a "brain
wipe" (see FAQ). You may also have to wipe the card and start over (I hope
you have a recent back up!)
Best of luck,
        Sam