Re: [NTLK] [NEED HELP] More wireless stuff

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 18:05:39 EST

on 18-03-2002 11:35, Benjamin Higginbotham at draco_at_silverdragonden.com
wrote:

> Ok, so I have my Lucent WaveLan Silver rev 'A' card and I have the Alpha
> 3 driver. I simply can not get it to work. As soon as I load the
> driver I get the error 'Error! Unable to activate Lucent WaveLan since
> Newton Device Drivers are not in the system' and when I plug in the card
> I get 'There is a problem with this card. (Newton cannot recognize this
> type of card.)'

You must be a Windows user because you seem to start from the idea that
error messages shouldn't make sense (sorry, couldn't stop myself there ;-)

But seriously, the error is exactly saying what you're missing, with Newton
Internet Enabler 2.0 there's a package that's called 'Newton Devices.pkg'

You need it.

NIE is on unna.org

And now I'm off to bed before I go completely overboard. The mitigating
circumstances are that I just saw Howard Stern's Private Parts, now that
would rock anybody, wouldn't it ? ;-0

Robert Benschop

P.S.
if you want to use an Ethernet card with a cord you'll need the same drivers
and if you plan to connect to the internet you'll also need the 'NIE
Ethernet Support.pkg'