[NTLK] [NEED HELP] More wireless stuff

From: Benjamin Higginbotham (draco_at_silverdragonden.com)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 17:35:54 EST

Ok, so I have my Lucent WaveLan Silver rev 'A' card and I have the Alpha=20=

3 driver. I simply can not get it to work. As soon as I load the=20
driver I get the error 'Error! Unable to activate Lucent WaveLan since=20=

Newton Device Drivers are not in the system' and when I plug in the card=20=

I get 'There is a problem with this card. (Newton cannot recognize this=20=

type of card.)'

I have tried the card in my Macintosh and it works great, so it's not=20
the card. Model os 012372A. I have tried it on several Newton 2000's=20=

upgraded to 2100's, still nothing. Am I missing a driver or some step=20=

somewhere? What am I doing wrong? It sounds like other people are able=20=

to get it to work just fine with the same card I have. What does the=20
original error message mean?

Thanks for your help everyone. I have a group of us Newtonees that are=20=

trying to convert a bunch of Palm users, and this could be the straw=20
that breaks the camel's back.

Benjamin Higginbotham
draco_at_silverdragonden.com
www.silverdragonden.com

"I sense much NT in you, NT leads to Blue Screen.=A0
Blue Screen leads to downtime, downtime leads to suffering.=A0
NT is the path to the darkside."
         - Unknown Unix Jedi

DC2.Dw Gm L W T Phwlt Sks Cag^\bl^ B- A++ Fr^ Nw M++
O H Ff R+++ Ac+++! J+++ S+++ U-- I--# V Q Tc+++! E