Re: [NTLK] T-shirts (colour, style, slogans etc.)

From: John Goggan (jgoggan_at_dcg.com)
Date: Sat Mar 16 2002 - 22:48:45 EST

Peter Cameron wrote:
> Victor has volunteered yet more of his time to arrange to have some
> shirts printed for list members. He has worked out a deal that will also
> raise some money for the operations of NewtonTalk.
> I think whether we can wear them to work or not, or whether they are

Indeed. Just to clarify (since I took a jab at Victor in a way) -- I AM
appreciative of him taking the time to do this. And I DO plan to buy at least
one of his shirts. My only problem was when he seemed to be saying that he
didn't think anyone else should be selling shirts at the same time. I
disagree with that -- and thought that it was a little rude towards Josh who
was also volunteering his time and didn't seem to have any ulterior motives
except to get us some shirts that we want at a good price.

So, again, while I have no problem with Victor doing it -- and I do plan to
buy from him -- and I do appreciate him organizing things -- I still don't
think there is anything wrong with Josh (or anyone else) doing it at the same
time if they are offering a product that many people are obviously requesting
and Victor is not willing to also produce.

I mean, I'd buy them all from Victor if I could -- but he doesn't want to
offer them. That's fine -- but let someone else do it if they please and the
demand for both is there (which it is).

 - John...