Re: [NTLK] DragNDrop names (Was: Re: Geek Safe)

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 11:48:41 EST

On 15/03/02 11:37, "Loren Finkelstein" <Loren_at_Finkelstein.Net> wrote:

> On 3/15/02 11:05 AM, "Laurent Daudelin" <laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com>
> wrote:

>>> How about, instead of importing from the notepad, using something similar to
>>> "DragNDrop Names. It's too late for me now, but it would have been a much
>>> easier conversion process if I could have selected text from the notepad and
>>> just dragged it onto a Geeksafe window. Especially since 99% of the time it
>>> was pre-formatted on 3 lines. Server, Username & Password.
>>
>> What is "DragNDrop Names"???
>
> A phenomenal freeware extension from http://tow.com/software/newton.shtml
>
> Essentially, if you have a note in the following format:
>
> Loren Finkelstein
> 123 Main Street
> New York, NY 11111
> h:(212)555-1212
> w:(212)555-2345
>
> Select it as one block of text
> Drag it to the side of your newton (cut, or copy)
> Open the names App
> Drop your selection anywhere
>

> A new name card gets created with the correct data going into the correct
> fields. Also works with companies.
>
> This is particularly handy if, when you meet someone, you jot their info
> down into a note, which can be faster than creating a name card on the spot.

OK, I've just downloaded the source project (thanks, Adam!) and I will look
at it. If it's trivial modification, I will add it to GeekSafe and release a
new version.

-Laurent.

fat-finger vt.: 1. To introduce a typo while editing in such a way that the
resulting manglification of a configuration file does something useless,
damaging, or wildly unexpected. "NSI fat-fingered their DNS zone file and
took half the net down again." 2. More generally, any typo that produces
dramatically bad results.