[NTLK] Another newbie question

From: Scott Rogers (scottrogerspersonal_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 10:52:53 EST

Hi all.

First off, thanks for the quick response to my question yesterday! The
level of activity on this listserv is amazing!

I'm having a problem importing rtf documents into newtworks on my 2100.
I can import them fine, but they open up in notepad, which truncates the
longer documents. When I choose the "import newtworks" option in NCU,
as soon as I select the document to import the entire classic
environment in OS 10.1 crashes.

I've just reinstalled newtworks in hopes that something got messed up in
my initial installation, but I'm getting the same problems. I've tried
importing files made in both appleworks (my primary word processor) and
Word 98, both with the same result.

I scoured the list archives, but only found one thread along these
lines, but it didn't seem to directly address my problem. I'm
connecting my 2100 to my iBook 2001 (dual usb) via a Keyspan serial
adapter.

Anyone have any idea why this is happening? Is there any way I can
associate plain-jane imported files with newtworks rather than notepad?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers
Scott