Re: [NTLK] Out of Heap space creating book in NTK?

From: John Goggan (jgoggan_at_dcg.com)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 00:52:44 EST

Ed Kummel wrote:
> Unfortunatly, I've never used bookmaker.

Today I discovered a little more. What I am creating has about 3700 pages in
it -- about one for each "item." Doing some testing, I discovered that if I
reduced my item count just a tiny bit (i.e. deleted about 25 of them before
creating the Book), then it works fine (takes forever to process, but works)!
So, I may be able to restructure a little bit and avoid the heap problem
completely... We'll see how it goes.

> It's always
> been Newton PRess and paperback. And, unfortunatly,
> paperback doesn't do formatting.

I need the formatting, so I'll stick with trying to get BookMaker to work for
now.

I just discovered that BookMaker for Windows only does 1-bit images though and
not 4-bit greyscale. Bah. Maybe I can get something else to do jut the image
conversion for me... Hmmm... Is there anything else that outputs the ".f"
file for NTK -- or is that just a BookMaker thing only?

Thanks!

 - John...