Re: [NTLK] Ethernet Card troubles

From: eric a . Farris (eafarris_at_bigfoot.com)
Date: Tue Mar 05 2002 - 16:08:43 EST

On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 03:31:00PM -0500, Laurent Daudelin wrote:

> Eric, do you get the dialog when you insert your Ethernet card? Do you make

yes. here's the full text of the slip:
  Megahertz 589E
  Manufacturer: 3Com
  TP/BNC LAN PC Card

<*> Use this card for AppleTalk

> sure that you check the "Use card for AppleTalk"? Do you have a specific
> "Ethernet" setup in 'Internet Setup'? Do you have a card setting in this
> setup? What does it say?

here's the text of the Internet Setup config:

newt_at_al (that's the name i gave it)
Configuration: Manual
Card: Megahertz 589E
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Local IP Address: <a static ip i've assigned>
Gateway/Router Address: <our gateway>
Primary DNS: Name Server Address: <our dns>
Domain Name: al.umces.edu

i've checked and checked these numbers; they are right.

the various inet apps that i try get so far as to present me the
Connection Slip. Usually after i hit "Connect" on that slip they're done
talking to me, still responsive and all that, just no network
connectivity. the only app that has different behavior is nHTTPd, which
does give me an error. here's the text of that:

Server
InetGrabLink
Internet Error -60508

--
eric a. Farris  eafarris_at_bigfoot.com  www.bigfoot.com/~eafarris
Systems Administrator

A computer without Microsoft is like chocolate cake without mustard.

Excellence is both profitable and fun.