Re: [NTLK] Ethernet Card troubles

From: eric a . Farris (eafarris_at_bigfoot.com)
Date: Tue Mar 05 2002 - 14:39:45 EST

On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 11:39:24AM -0500, Peter Cameron wrote:

> on 3/5/02 11:04 AM, eric a . Farris at eafarris_at_bigfoot.com wrote:
>
> > oh, believe me, i've bookmarked that site long ago. it's wonderful.
>
> Have you tried connecting NCU to the computer directly via a crossover
> cable on the off chance that the hub is the problem?

Bad News (at least for me). The card is good, the hub is good, the
cables are good. (My Dell lappity-top had no problem with them). The
Newton is, well, wonderful :) but it ain't got no ethernet. i've erased
all the relevant packages and reinstalled them, with the same results.
i'm gonna dust off the MP2K (i'm attempting this on a 2100) to see if
it's the Newt that's not working.

--
eric a. Farris  eafarris_at_bigfoot.com  www.bigfoot.com/~eafarris
Systems Administrator

Have you rebooted Windows today? Linux, It's where you want to go.

Computers are worthless. They can only give you answers. -- Pablo Picasso