Re: [NTLK] Screen Misalignment and request for fixes

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Mar 05 2002 - 10:53:37 EST

On 05/03/02 10:10, "Heiko Cultus" <Heiko.Cultus_at_edag.de> wrote:

> Marco Mailand wrote:
>
>> <snip>
>> Beside that I would really like to have someone with persistant jaggies to
>> try only cleaning of the contacts and nothing else. Since someone mentioned
>> also that cleaning of the white ribbon cable helped a clarification would be
>> really worth to have. I don't believe that cleaning of the white ribbon did
>> it, if the jaggies disappeared then only because the opening of the
>> connector caused some deformation to the flexible PCB close to the power
>> switch.
> <snap>
>
> I was writing that the cleaning of the white cable was helping me to get rid
> of
> the Screen Misalignment. I don't know if the jaggies and the screenalignment
> issue depends on the same problem. Here is a picture from David H. site:
> http://members.tripod.com/mrpcbman/images/LCDSubassy.JPG

Hmmm, I'm getting a "temporarily suspended due to excessive bandwidth
consumption." from Tripod...

-Laurent.

drone n.: Ignorant sales or customer service personnel in computer or
electronics superstores. Characterized by a lack of even superficial
knowledge about the products they sell, yet possessed of the conviction that
they are more competent than their hacker customers. Usage: "That video
board probably sucks, it was recommended by a drone at Fry's" In the year
2000, their natural habitats include Fry's Electronics, Best Buy, and
CompUSA.