Re: [NTLK] Archiving

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Jun 21 2002 - 02:57:33 EDT

on 6/20/02 11:24 PM, Robert Benschop at rbenschop_at_mac.com wrote:

> Or a cheaper version would be to export them to your desktop.
> (if you have one, of course ;-)

I do that, and then deleted all the notes from the Newton. So far, I've seen
pluses and minuses. On the desktop, it's harder to find what you want than
it is on the Newton. There have been many times that I wished I had kept
something on the Newton. The plus is that when my Newton got stolen, having
just done an archive, I still had all my important notes. :-) When I got my
replacement, the most important notes went back onto the Newton, and they
are still there to this day--three Newtons later. :-)

I think that maybe better than exporting to a text file, finding some form
of free-form database to store them might work better. I've thought of
putting them all in a Hypercard stack, but so far, haven't had the oomph to
get it going--and it's been about four or five years since my first archive.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland