[NTLK] Just got a Newton, having a few problems...

From: Pill Stupidd (yamcrapcrap_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Jun 21 2002 - 01:47:36 EDT

I just picked up an original messagepad on eBay, and a few days later, a 2MB
flash card for it. I've had a lot of fun with it, and I think I may start
keeping my eyes open for a good deal on a 2x00. Still, I'd like to keep
this one in working order... I've had a few problems, and I was wondering if
you folks would have any suggestions:

Since the introduction of the flash card, it seems to periodically have
trouble starting up, and when it does, it tells me that "the system
restarted because of a power fault". I often have to hold down the power
button a while to get it to restart, and sometimes I get a message about
whether I want to delete everything on the system. I've tried two sets of
fresh batteries.

It seems to work just fine without the flash card.

The other problem it seems to have, is that when transferring certain files,
the process stops half way through, and I get some error message with a
number like "-10410" or something like that (haven't seen this one in a
while, but I just figured I'd mention it while I was writing here...) It
always happens at the same point with the same files, but other files upload
without a problem.

Anyway, I'd welcome any thoughts or suggestions any one might have as to a
fix for either problem.