Re: [NTLK] Auto-dismiss alarms?

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.net)
Date: Thu Jun 20 2002 - 23:27:08 EDT

on 20/06/02 18:24, Oliver Brose at oliver.brose_at_t-online.de wrote:

>> Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 11:45:20 -0400
>> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Auto-dismiss alarms?
>> From: "Laurent Daudelin" <laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com>
>

>>> So please, if anyone knows about how to get rid of the alarm at 3am -
>>> permanently - please let me know!
>>> This is as in *turn it off*, not as in "see to it that you click away
>>> your alerts when they appear".
>>
>> What do you mean, "turn off the alarm at 3am"? I don't have any alarm at
>> 3am. My Newton turns itself on at 3am to do some housekeeping (this has been
>> documented many times here), but doesn't post any alarm. The only thing I
>> can see is that you left an alarm on screen so it sounds again when the
>> Newton wake up at 3am.
>
> Yes, exactly. Let's say I have a permanent date each thursday (I
> always use dates, not to-dos) that says "recharge your iPod". It
> makes the Newton *brrrp* at 20:00. I am watching the news, but I will
> hear it, and remember "ah, the iPod" and stick it into an outlet
> after the news are through. I will forget about the alert though. The
> Newton never forgets, so at 3am, when doing the housekeeping, it will
> *brrrp* again, and the altert is always set to maximum volume so I do
> not miss it.
> I need something that mutes the alert-volume from 2:59 to 3:02.
>
> I just have the idea that disabeling the "permanent alert" could help
> - might that be the case?

I've never heard about an automatic alert "dismisser".

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin                            <http://members.cox.net/nemesys>
Logiciels Nemesys Software                            mailto:nemesys_at_cox.net

foo /foo/ 1. interj. Term of disgust. 2. [very common] Used very generally as a sample name for absolutely anything, esp. programs and files (esp. scratch files). 3. First on the standard list of metasyntactic variables used in syntax examples. See also bar, baz, qux, quux, corge, grault, garply, waldo, fred, plugh, xyzzy, thud.