Re: [NTLK] Memories of eMate

From: Michael Wittmann (wittmannmichael_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Jun 18 2002 - 11:26:14 EDT

--
Being in the state of Maine, where 7th and 8th graders are slowly taking
delivery of the iBook they will be using, I can say that the

I happen to have stopped using my Newton at the conferences I go to. It used to be my workhorse note taker, with a great mix of writing and sketching (when needed) possible, long battery life, and so on. Now, though, I use the iBook. With the wake from sleep being so quick, and it not needing to be on the whole time, it also lasts a whole day (or more). I type faster than I write by hand (the Newton keyboard being too damn loud anyway), I don't have to look at what I'm writing, and I get more information and side commentary about the presentations noted. Sure, it's huge, but in a lap during a session, it works.

So I've been wondering whether I should head toward a Palm OS system for the date/calendar/names features, and keep the iBook for the note-taking and longer work (together with having my entire work library with me in the process). But I'm sticking with the Newton for now...

Michael Wittmann