Re: [NTLK] [ot][soccer][or football][whatever]

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Jun 12 2002 - 15:25:32 EDT

on 6/12/02 7:26 PM, Daniel Padilla at daniel.padilla_at_wanadoo.es wrote:

> Yeah... and golf is hitting a ball with some sticks...

Yeah, hitting it as hard and as far as you can, simply so you can hit it
again--as far and as hard as you can, so you can... Silly game... but I like
it. :-D (And soccer, and Baseball, and hockey, and...)

If you think about it, all sport is rather silly. You go out, exert yourself
to the extreme, risk injury, for what? To put a ball in a goal? To run
around in circles? To cross the finish line before everybody else? Sport is
silly from the start, but we all love to partake and to watch others
partake. It makes no difference the sport. They all have their adherents. As
a kid, I spent most of my time inventing new sports to kill myself (until I
discovered BMX, and found the quickest way to kill myself...) :-) I know
it's kind of fun to knock sports you don't like, but just remember, when you
point your hand, you have three fingers pointing back at yourself. ;-)

--
Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland