Re: [NTLK] Data from dead Newton

From: Stainless Steel Rat (ratinox_at_peorth.gweep.net)
Date: Fri Jun 07 2002 - 20:43:21 EDT

* Jill Barrett <jill_at_vapidthumbtack.com> on Fri, 07 Jun 2002
| Speaking of which, is there a good software package (for either Mac or Win, I
| have access to both) for backing up the Newtons?

I can answer both of your questions (sort of) in one shot: SBM Utilities.
In addition to the backup/restore function in the main SBM Utilities
package, it has an extra standalone backup utility. Using a working Newt,
install the extra backup utility onto an empty storage card large enough to
hold the contents of your "dead" Newt. Insert this card into your dead
Newt and turn it on. If all that is wrong is a broken screen then the
utility will automatically back up the entire internal store and beep when
done. Read the instructions for details.

--
Rat <ratinox_at_peorth.gweep.net>    \ When not in use, Happy Fun Ball should be
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \ returned to its special container and