Re: [NTLK] [ot] convincing arg against MS OS

From: richard_at_cyberphotographer.com
Date: Fri Jun 07 2002 - 08:03:26 EDT

> >Bundled apps aren't worth the price you pay for

have you ever used iMovie or iTunes? They are superbly powerful and
easy to use. They don't really have serious competition for the
amateur user.

> >if you don't properly uninstall an applicaiton on a Mac, you run
>the risk of corrupting preferences. I suggest that you use an
>uninstaller

despite your extensive experience running 1000's of NT servers this
comment sounds like you've never used a mac at all. I have never used
or even heard of a mac uninstaller in 10 yrs of heavy use. Let me
know where I can get one ;-)

> >If it's a GUI you want, then heck, you can use any platform...

I suspect that traditional Mac users would disagree on the grounds
that the GUI is the primary ingredient that defines user
experience/work rate.