[NTLK] Just a lowly Secretary

From: MuHammed Lonon (mjl3781_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 16 2002 - 11:30:13 EDT

I am the secretary of the MSA(Muslim Student
Association) and I use my newton to record the minutes
of the meetings.[Is it just me or doe this sound like
a commercial] This year we will finally post the
minutes on the Club's website and I was wondering what
options do I have tfor going straight from newt to
webpages, bypassing any desktop. I was thinking these
three options:

1) If there is a telnet client or similar app
available for newton the I could just log in and
twiddle the files after uploading with NewtFTP...or
something like that.

2) Save the minutes as HTML and go in through the web(
I will have access to any necessary passwrds). This I
doubt though because it probably will require https

3) Well I an idea I was going to insert here but now i
can't remember. But....

On the off hand is there some concievable way for me
to do this in real-time, maybe through some sort of
javascript prog or such. BTW has anyone ever gotten
Jabber to work if so can you give me a step-by-step
setup and go of it so i can to.

TIA
Allah Hafiz

Oh wait I just remembered the third idea. Since I have
2 newtons I was thinking of just leaving the minutes
on the spare and setting it up as a webserver and just
posting a ink on the site to it. I would leave in on
campus *gasp* since RIT has a T3 line and all. Since
this is my spare you can see wh it is my last option tho.

=====
MuHammed Jamal Lonon
102 Loden Lane Rochester, NY 14623
(585) 334-0848 (local)